This Week in Rust Docs 97
Hello and welcome to This Week in Rust Docs!
And of course, don’t forget to look at the docs:
This week’s edition was edited by Guillaume Gomez.
Nothing interesting enough.
Current opened issues
For now, here are the three big issues for Rust documentation:
- The Standard Library Documentation Checklist
- Add error explanations for all error codes
- Document all features in the Rust reference
They all need help to move forward so any contribution is very welcome!
There are currently around 70 other documentation issues opened. Look for T-doc tagged issues on GitHub!
Waiting for merge
- @partim improved documentation for Borrow, AsRef, and friends.
- @FraGag improved documentation of Clone and Copy implementors.
- @tinaun removed erroneous error message when checking impl trait params.
- @gaurikholkar modified E0389 error message.
- @phansch added more precise suggestion for non_upper_case_globals.
- @QuietMisdreavus exposed #[target_feature] attributes as doc(cfg) flags in rustdoc, added an “unstable features” chapter to the rustdoc book and suppressed the default allow(unused) under –display-warnings in rustdoctest.
- @csmoe improved error message of inner attribute syntax.
- @zackmdavis suggested
!instead of erroneous
noton if/while block parse failure.
- @SimonSapin added an example of lossy decoding to str::Utf8Error docs.
- @Phlosioneer documented when types have OS-dependent sizes.
- @ysiraichi suggested removing
- @RalfJung improved lint for type alias bounds.
- @klnusbaum provided better borrow checker error message and renamed epoch to edition.
- @GuillaumeGomez added error codes for libsyntax_ext, added warning for invalid start of code blocks in rustdoc, and made Atomic doc examples specific to each type.
Recent doc contributions
- @estebank reworded E0044 and message for
- @NovemberZulu rephrased UnsafeCell doc.
- @jethrogb clarified interfaction between File::set_len and file cursor.
- @ehuss added crate name to “main function not found” error message.
- @focusaurus saved state of top-level collapse toggle widget in rust docs.
- @kennytm removed unnecessary backtick in error message E0307 (invalid self type).
- @QuietMisdreavus re-enabled testing librustdoc and tweaked code fences in the rustdoc book.
- @mark-i-m moved librustdoc readme to rustc guide and moved librustc_typeck READMEs to rustc guide.
- @Songbird0 added example of use of assertions in rustdoc and improved
- @jsgf clarified usage message for –remap-path-prefix.
- @GuillaumeGomez put back ui json check, removed auto trait implementation section when empty, added missing urls, fixed blink when main theme is selected, added missing examples and added missing links.
Next meeting will be on Tuesday 20th of March 2018 at 19:00 UTC on #rust-docs channel on irc.mozilla.org. Feel free to come!