This Week in Rust Docs 96
Hello and welcome to This Week in Rust Docs!
And of course, don’t forget to look at the docs:
This week’s edition was edited by Guillaume Gomez.
Nothing interesting enough.
Current opened issues
For now, here are the three big issues for Rust documentation:
- The Standard Library Documentation Checklist
- Add error explanations for all error codes
- Document all features in the Rust reference
They all need help to move forward so any contribution is very welcome!
There are currently around 70 other documentation issues opened. Look for T-doc tagged issues on GitHub!
Waiting for merge
- @estebank reworded E0044 and message for
!Sendtypes and suggested setting associated type when type argument is given instead.
- @partim improved documentation for Borrow, AsRef, and friends.
- @NovemberZulu rephrased UnsafeCell doc.
- @FraGag improved documentation of Clone and Copy implementors.
- @jethrogb clarified interfaction between File::set_len and file cursor.
- @Aaronepower updated RELEASES.md for 1.25.0.
- @tinaun removed erroneous error message when checking impl trait params.
- @ehuss added crate name to “main function not found” error message.
- @focusaurus saved state of top-level collapse toggle widget in rust docs.
- @gaurikholkar modified E0389 error message.
- @phansch added more precise suggestion for non_upper_case_globals.
- @QuietMisdreavus exposed #[target_feature] attributes as doc(cfg) flags in rustdoc.
- @GuillaumeGomez added error codes for libsyntax_ext, updated rustc –explain sentence, put back ui json check, added warning for invalid start of code blocks in rustdoc, removed auto trait implementation section when empty, added missing urls and fixed blink when main theme is selected.
Recent doc contributions
- @zilbuz showed the used type variable when issuing a “can’t use type parameters from outer function” error message.
- @christianpoveda made new Cell docs.
- @Phlosioneer made slight modification to the as_ref example of std::option::Option.
- @flip1995 suggested type for overflowing bin/hex-literals.
- @lukaslueg fixed spelling s/casted/cast/.
- @RalfJung warned about ignored generic bounds in
- @scottmcm improved docs and associated SUCCESS/FAILURE for process::ExitCode.
- @Songbird0 modified part of
line!documentation, modified part of
column!documentation and added a potential cause raising
- @GuillaumeGomez added resource-suffix option for rustdoc, added new warning for CStr::from_ptr, multiple rustdoc fixes, fix sidebar horizontal scroll and raw string error note.
Next meeting will be on Tuesday 13th of March 2018 at 19:00 UTC on #rust-docs channel on irc.mozilla.org. Feel free to come!