This Week in Rust Docs 84
Hello and welcome to This Week in Rust Docs!
And of course, don’t forget to look at the docs:
This week’s edition was edited by Guillaume Gomez.
Current opened issues
For now, here are the three big issues for Rust documentation:
- The Standard Library Documentation Checklist
- Add error explanations for all error codes
- Document all features in the Rust reference
They all need help to move forward so any contribution is very welcome!
There are currently around 70 other documentation issues opened. Look for T-doc tagged issues on GitHub!
Waiting for merge
- @estebank displayed
\tin diagnostics code as four spaces, highlighted code on diagnostics when underlined and showed closure signature on type errors.
- @JRegimbal changed “Types/modules” title of search tab to be more accurate.
- @canndrew added docs for never primitive.
- @tbu- clarified what
- @nak3 fixed invalid docs path for compiler plugins.
- @zackmdavis added type error method suggestions use whitelisted identity-like conversions.
- @SimonSapin documented the size of bool.
- @tromey fixed documentation for DecodeUtf16Error.
- @steveklabnik mentionned the name of ? in Result’s docs.
- @archer884 changed const error message to use ‘literal’.
- @Aaronepower updated RELEASES.md for 1.23.0.
- @GuillaumeGomez added warnings for markdown doc generation, speedup search loading when search url is received in rust docs, fixed deduplication of items in rust docs search, fixed search results overlap, moved colors to main.css and removed display of hidden types in rustdoc.
Recent doc contributions
- @estebank accounted for missing keyword in fn/struct definition, suggested using slice when encountering
let x = ""[..];, used suggestions instead of notes ref mismatches, pointed to next token when it is in the expected line, highlighted
&when type matches on type mismatch error and shortened output of E0391.
- @colinmarsh19 added a note “please remove this semicolon”.
- @frewsxcv improved documentation for slice swap/copy/clone operations.
- @lucasem fixed typo in core::marker.
- @davidalber added
eprint*!to the list of macros in the
- @ollie27 fixed issues with cross-crate inlined associated items in rustdoc.
- @SimonSapin documented non-obvious behavior of fmt::UpperHex & co for negative integers and expanded docs of <$Int>::from_str_radix, based on that of char::to_digit.
- @chrisduerr fixed rustdoc item summaries that are headers.
- @GuillaumeGomez fixed global doc search, removed invalid doc link, inverted colors in important traits tooltip and fixed invalid HTML escape.
Next meeting will be on Tuesday 5th of December 2017 at 19:00 UTC on #rust-docs channel on irc.mozilla.org. Feel free to come!