This Week in Rust Docs 83
Hello and welcome to This Week in Rust Docs!
And of course, don’t forget to look at the docs:
This week’s edition was edited by Guillaume Gomez.
Current opened issues
For now, here are the three big issues for Rust documentation:
- The Standard Library Documentation Checklist
- Add error explanations for all error codes
- Document all features in the Rust reference
They all need help to move forward so any contribution is very welcome!
There are currently around 70 other documentation issues opened. Look for T-doc tagged issues on GitHub!
Waiting for merge
- @estebank highlighted code on diagnostics when underlined, accounted for missing keyword in fn/struct definition, displayed
\tin diagnostics code as four spaces, highlighted code on diagnostics when underlined, suggest3e using slice when encountering
let x = ""[..];and used suggestions instead of notes ref mismatches.
- @JRegimbal changed “Types/modules” title of search tab to be more accurate.
- @colinmarsh19 added a note “please remove this semicolon”.
- @canndrew added docs for never primitive.
- @ExpHP made doc stubs for builtin macros reflect existing support for trailing commas.
- @tbu- clarified what
- @frewsxcv improved documentation for slice swap/copy/clone operations.
- @lucasem fixed typo in core::marker.
- @davidalber added
eprint*!to the list of macros in the
- @GuillaumeGomez added warnings for markdown doc generation, fixed global doc search, speedup search loading when search url is received and removed invalid doc link.
Recent doc contributions
- @QuietMisdreavus included external files in documentation in rustdoc (RFC 1990) and showed in docs whether the return type of a function impls Iterator/Read/Write.
- @Aaronepower updated Release notes for 1.22.0.
- @estebank used the proper term when using non-existing variant, used multiline text for crate conflict diagnostics and removed dereference suggestion on tuple argument.
- @fhartwig made rustdoc not include self-by-value methods from Deref target.
- @oli-obk added structured suggestions for various “use” suggestions, included rendered diagnostic in json and checked //~ERROR comments in ui tests.
- @vitiral added doc for doing
- @ollie27 fixed broken CSS for book redirect pages.
- @steveklabnik amended RELEASES for 1.22.1.
- @aqrln fixed a typo in ToSocketAddrs documentation.
- @martinlindhe fixed some typos.
- @GuillaumeGomez fixed path search and displayed negative traits implementation.
Next meeting will be on Tuesday 28th of November 2017 at 19:00 UTC on #rust-docs channel on irc.mozilla.org. Feel free to come!