This Week in Rust Docs 80
Hello and welcome to This Week in Rust Docs!
And of course, don’t forget to look at the docs:
This week’s edition was edited by Guillaume Gomez.
Current opened issues
For now, here are the three big issues for Rust documentation:
- The Standard Library Documentation Checklist
- Add error explanations for all error codes
- Document all features in the Rust reference
They all need help to move forward so any contribution is very welcome!
There are currently around 70 other documentation issues opened. Look for T-doc tagged issues on GitHub!
Waiting for merge
- @QuietMisdreavus included external files in documentation in rustdoc (RFC 1990), showed in docs whether the return type of a function impls Iterator/Read/Write, added #[allow(unused)] to every doctest in rustdoc and added talk about #![doc(test(no_crate_inject))] and #![doc(test(attr(…)))] in rustdoc.
- @Aaronepower updated Release notes for 1.22.0.
- @estebank highlighted code on diagnostics when underlined and highlighted code on diagnostics when underlined.
- @Havvy updated reference link in doc’s 404.
- @topecongiro fixed typos in README.md.
- @steveklabnik started shipping the Cargo book.
- @sdroege updated the std::thread docs and clarified that panics can nowadays be caught.
- @fhartwig made rustdoc not include self-by-value methods from Deref target.
- @ollie27 fixed duplicated impls with generics in rustdoc.
- @GuillaumeGomez added missing links and examples, added missing docs for MetadataExt, added more elements in the sidebar, added search over generic types in docs and added missing links and examples for FileExt.
Recent doc contributions
- @joshleeb fixed duplicated display of error E0502 and improved display of error E0308.
- @leodasvacas documented that call expressions also represent ADT constructors.
- @tirr-c displayed spans correctly when there are zero-width or wide characters.
- @Ljzn fixed typo and fixed typo.
- @LaurentMazare added a nicer error message for missing in for loop, fixes #40782.
- @Cldfire suggested renaming import if names clash.
- @mbrubeck fixed incorrect error type in Read::byte docs.
- @carols10cents updated the book for a fix to the print button.
- @Technius improved std::process module docs.
- @GuillaumeGomez improved sidebar rendering and added methods list, fixed title heading overlap in rust doc, search fixes and added tests for methods listing in rust docs.
Next meeting will be on Tuesday 7th of November 2017 at 19:00 UTC on #rust-docs channel on irc.mozilla.org. Feel free to come!