This Week in Rust Docs 78
Hello and welcome to This Week in Rust Docs!
And of course, don’t forget to look at the docs:
This week’s edition was edited by Guillaume Gomez.
Current opened issues
For now, here are the three big issues for Rust documentation:
- The Standard Library Documentation Checklist
- Add error explanations for all error codes
- Document all features in the Rust reference
They all need help to move forward so any contribution is very welcome!
There are currently around 70 other documentation issues opened. Look for T-doc tagged issues on GitHub!
Waiting for merge
- @QuietMisdreavus included external files in documentation in rustdoc (RFC 1990), showed in docs whether the return type of a function impls Iterator/Read/Write and updated pulldown and fixed spurious rendering difference around footnotes.
- @frewsxcv improved docs around
- @carols10cents corrected misspelling in error text: re-assignment => reassignment.
- @Technius improved std::process module docs.
- @GuillaumeGomez added short error message-format, improved sidebar rendering and added methods list, limited the sidebar height and added missing code examples.
Recent doc contributions
- @QuietMisdreavus made rustdoc optimizations.
- @steveklabnik deprecated several flags in rustdoc and fixed most rendering warnings from switching to CommonMark.
- @sunjay documented the process for when rustfmt/rls break.
- @jacwah mentionned Clone and refs in –explain E0382.
- @goffrie provided the full span of method calls to
check_argument_typesand marked block exits as reachable if the block can break.
- @Havvy made a list of all lang items in unstable book.
- @frewsxcv expanded docs/examples for TCP
- @0xAX fixed a typo in src/bootstrap/README.md.
- @SimonSapin fixed out of date unstable book entries for
- @topecongiro fixed typos in README.md, fixed typos in src/librustc/README.md and fixed typos in librustc/ty/README.md.
- @Manishearth removed “gender” from code of conduct, keep only “gender identity and expression”.
- @neunenak added explanatory text for error E0599.
- @christianpoveda added examples of closures for str::find.
- @zackmdavis added code suggestions for non-shorthand field pattern, no-mangle lints and removed “expected statement after outer attr.” after inner attr.
- @stjepang updated docs: a LocalKey might start in the Valid state.
- @xfix updated array documentation for Clone trait changes.
- @dbrgn added missing headlines in rustdoc book and fixed typo in rustdoc book.
- @Pirh documented defaults for stdin, stdout, and stderr methods of Command.
- @GuillaumeGomez saved selected search tab, saved the highlighted item when switching tab, removed terribly useless and problematic margin when searching on mobile, fixed arrow display, hid help when search bar is focused, printed rustdoc rendering warnings all the time and removed duplicated word.
Next meeting will be on Tuesday 24th of October 2017 at 19:00 UTC on #rust-docs channel on irc.mozilla.org. Feel free to come!