This Week in Rust Docs 60
Hello and welcome to This Week in Rust Docs!
And of course, don’t forget to look at the docs:
This week’s edition was edited by Guillaume Gomez.
After a long debate, it has been decided to keep hoedown testing/rendering by default in rustdoc. However, you can test pulldown by running rustdoc with
-Z unstable-options enable-commonmark.
Current opened issues
For now, here are the three big issues for Rust documentation:
- The Standard Library Documentation Checklist
- Add error explanations for all error codes
- Document all features in the Rust reference
They all need help to move forward so any contribution is very welcome!
There are currently around 70 other documentation issues opened. Look for T-doc tagged issues on GitHub!
Waiting for merge
- @oli-obk changed some notes into suggestions.
- @alex-ozdemir made clearer error message for Duplicate Definition.
- @pwoolcoc added
- @Mark-Simulacrum printed the two types in the span label for transmute errors.
- @ollie27 used
create_dir_allto create output directory in rustdoc.
- @maccoda completed env docs.
- @birkenfeld added dedicated docstrings to Sum/Product impl of Result and simplified FromIterator example of Result.
- @Aaronepower updated releases notes for 1.19.
- @ucarion explicated what “Rc” and “Arc” stand for.
- @GuillaumeGomez added warnings when rustdoc html rendering differs, created more error codes, added E0609 and added 0608.
Recent doc contributions
- @steveklabnik created the Rustdoc book.
- @mjkillough documented direct implementations on type aliases.
- @irfanhudda improved documentation of next_power_of_two.
- @photoszzt made better suggestion for unknown method.
- @clarcharr made rustdoc.js use license comments.
- @ollie27 hid
self: Box<Self>in list of deref methods in rustdoc and renamed
- @Manishearth changed [vec
- @estebank used multiline note for trait suggestion and showed trait method signature when impl differs.
- @Mark-Simulacrum skipped printing for skipped doc tests and skipped documentation files without ``` when running markdown tests.
- @xfq updated TRPL link in README.md.
- @tshepang improved cell doc example.
- @frewsxcv added doc examples for
CStringmethods and improved
Cowmethod doc examples.
- @mbrubeck updated step_by docs to say iterator instead of range.
- @citizen428 updated doc for the assert macros.
- @king6cong reworded doc.
- @GuillaumeGomez added E0602 and added E0603 error code.
- @tommyip only emit one error for
use foo::self;and better closure error message.
Next meeting will be on Wednesday 14th of June 2017 at 20:00 GMT on #rust-docs channel on irc.mozilla.org. Feel free to come!