This Week in Rust Docs 59
Hello and welcome to This Week in Rust Docs!
And of course, don’t forget to look at the docs:
This week’s edition was edited by Guillaume Gomez.
After a long debate, it has been decided to keep hoedown testing/rendering by default in rustdoc. However, you can test pulldown by running rustdoc with
-Z unstable-options enable-commonmark.
Current opened issues
For now, here are the three big issues for Rust documentation:
- The Standard Library Documentation Checklist
- Add error explanations for all error codes
- Document all features in the Rust reference
They all need help to move forward so any contribution is very welcome!
There are currently around 70 other documentation issues opened. Look for T-doc tagged issues on GitHub!
Waiting for merge
- @kennytm introduced ‘ui-run’ test to compiletest.
- @mjkillough documented direct implementations on type aliases..
- @oli-obk changed some notes into suggestions.
- @alex-ozdemir made clearer error message for Duplicate Definition.
- @irfanhudda improved documentation of next_power_of_two.
- @pwoolcoc added
- @photoszzt made better suggestion for unknown method.
- @clarcharr made rustdoc.js use license comments..
- @steveklabnik created the Rustdoc book.
- @ollie27 hid
self: Box<Self>in list of deref methods in rustdoc.
- @Mark-Simulacrum printed the two types in the span label for transmute errors..
- @Manishearth changed [vec
- @estebank used multiline note for trait suggestion.
- @GuillaumeGomez added warnings when rustdoc html rendering differs, added E0602 and added E0603 error code.
Recent doc contributions
- @gamazeps expanded
- @Aaronepower updated releases notes for 1.18.
- @clarcharr clarified docs on implementing Into.
- @tommyip explained why a closure is
FnOncein closure errors.
- @stjepang unified the docs of PartialEq, PartialOrd and Ord and clarified the docs for align_of and its variants.
- @bjorn3 added syntax highlight rust code in librustc/dep_graph/README.md and added syntax highlight all rust code in librustc/traits/README.md.
- @frewsxcv rewrote a couple
Receiverdoc examples and rewrote doc examples for
- @Mark-Simulacrum added note regarding parent module containing use statement.
- @steveklabnik updated various book repos for the next release..
- @brson updated releases notes for 1.18.
- @mbrubeck added [[T]] -> [T] examples to SliceConcatExt docs.
- @ollie27 renamed
Arrayin rustdoc and cleaned up associated const value rendering.
- @Manishearth improved error message for const extern fn.
- @rap2hpoutre fixed links to “module-level documentation”.
- @GuillaumeGomez updated rustdoc man page, added new error codes, added new error codes next and fixed signature by adding parens when needed in rustdoc.
Next meeting will be on Wednesday 7th of June 2017 at 20:00 GMT on #rust-docs channel on irc.mozilla.org. Feel free to come!