This Week in Rust Docs 52
Hello and welcome to This Week in Rust Docs!
And of course, don’t forget to look at the docs:
This week’s edition was edited by Guillaume Gomez.
Current opened issues
For now, here are the two big issues for Rust documentation:
They all need help to move forward so any contribution is very welcome!
There are currently around 70 other documentation issues opened. Look for T-doc tagged issues on GitHub!
Waiting for merge
- @estebank pointed at fields that make the type recursive, reduced visual clutter of multiline start when possible and added a way to get shorter spans until
charfor pointing at defs.
- @irfanhudda improved documentation of next_power_of_two.
- @stepancheg improved BufRead::is_eof documentation.
- @maccoda improved Convert docs.
- @mgattozzi updated
Childdocs to not have a note section.
- @icefoxen made a tiny update to rustdoc CSS.
- @frewsxcv added top level sections to the Unstable Book..
- @cengizIO moved E0101 and E0102 logic into new E0282 mechanism.
- @jonhoo renamed compiler_barrier to compiler_fence.
- @QuietMisdreavus added a list of headings to the sidebar in rustdoc.
- @topecongiro updated docs of ‘fence’.
- @alexeyzab fixed old docs.
- @GuillaumeGomez added ref suggestion, added more explanation on RefCell::get_mut, removed jquery dependency and made hoedown big comeback.
Recent doc contributions
- @QuietMisdreavus updated formatting of fn signatures and where clauses to match style rfcs in rustdoc.
- @estebank added an explicit help message for binop type mismatch, added end line display of multiline annotations and used proper span for tuple index parsed as float.
- @frewsxcv made a couple minor improvements for tidy error handling.
- @sagebind improved examples for ThreadId.
- @mgattozzi updated ChildStderr docs to be clearer.
- @pirate added contribution instructions to stdlib docs.
- @projektir added channel error docs, fixed minor nits in primitive str, updated docs for std::sync::Weak and updated docs for std::rc::Rc.
- @lukaramu improved std::hash docs and made various improvements in std::collections docs.
- @palango improved module documentation for std::f32 and std::f64.
- @tedsta updated magenta error codes.
- @Aaron1011 fixed rustdoc infinitely recursing when an external crate reexports itself.
- @steveklabnik bumped book repos.
- @nodakai removed hoedown license.
- @GuillaumeGomez fixed invalid associated type rendering in rustdoc.
Next meeting will be on Wednesday 19th of April 2017 at 20:00 GMT on #rust-docs channel on irc.mozilla.org. Feel free to come!