This Week in Rust Docs 51
Hello and welcome to This Week in Rust Docs!
And of course, don’t forget to look at the docs:
This week’s edition was edited by Guillaume Gomez.
However, thanks to everyone’s efforts, all known issues have been fixed. Don’t forget to check if your document is common-mark compliant!
Current opened issues
For now, here are the two big issues for Rust documentation:
They all need help to move forward so any contribution is very welcome!
There are currently around 70 other documentation issues opened. Look for T-doc tagged issues on GitHub!
Waiting for merge
- @QuietMisdreavus updated formatting of fn signatures and where clauses to match style rfcs in rustdoc.
- @estebank pointed at fields that make the type recursive, added an explicit help message for binop type mismatch, added end line display of multiline annotations and used proper span for tuple index parsed as float.
- @frewsxcv made a couple minor improvements for tidy error handling.
- @irfanhudda improved documentation of next_power_of_two.
- @sagebind improved examples for ThreadId.
- @stepancheg improved BufRead::is_eof documentation.
- @maccoda improved Convert docs.
- @mgattozzi updated
Childdocs to not have a note section and updated ChildStderr docs to be clearer.
- @pirate added contribution instructions to stdlib docs.
- @icefoxen made a tiny update to rustdoc CSS.
- @projektir added channel error docs.
- @lukaramu improved std::hash docs.
- @palango improved module documentation for std::f32 and std::f64.
- @GuillaumeGomez added ref suggestion and added more explanation on RefCell::get_mut.
Recent doc contributions
- @ollie27 fixed Markdown issues in the docs and used pulldown-cmark for Markdown HTML rendering in rustdox.
- @estebank suggested using enum when a variant is used as a type, identified missing item category in
impls and removed recommendations of private fields called as method.
- @mandeep fixed typo in doc comments for swap_remove.
- @stjepang added a note about overflow for fetch_add/fetch_sub and improved some docs for VecDeque.
- @irfanhudda improved option API docs.
- @SimonSapin fixed link in std::thread docs.
- @pgerber improved documentation for
- @donniebishop added links to types in from_utf8 description and added links to from_utf8 methods in Utf8Error.
- @Technius added links and some examples to std::sync::mpsc docs.
- @projektir updated the description for BarrierWaitResult.
- @GAJaloyan fixed mistakes in the README.md file.
- @japaric documented some existing unstable features.
- @euclio collapsed docblock before showing label in rustdoc.
- @rap2hpoutre added example to std::process::abort.
- @steveklabnik fixed links.
- @GuillaumeGomez added support for image, rules and footnotes in the new rustdoc markdown renderer, fixed mutex’s docs inconsistency and replaced
Next meeting will be on Wednesday 12th of April 2017 at 20:00 GMT on #rust-docs channel on irc.mozilla.org. Feel free to come!