This Week in Rust Docs 105
Hello and welcome to This Week in Rust Docs!
And of course, don’t forget to look at the docs:
This week’s edition was edited by Guillaume Gomez.
Some improvements on JS size are being worked on. More to come soon!
Current opened issues
For now, here are the three big issues for Rust documentation:
- The Standard Library Documentation Checklist
- Add error explanations for all error codes
- Document all features in the Rust reference
They all need help to move forward so any contribution is very welcome!
There are currently around 70 other documentation issues opened. Look for T-doc tagged issues on GitHub!
Waiting for merge
- @sgrif removed the “leak check” in favor of “universes”.
- @ecstatic-morse rewrote docs for
- @da-x included scope names in diagnostics.
- @Phlosioneer clarified the difference between get_mut and into_mut for OccupiedEntry.
- @mulkieran made some documentation fixes for the Write trait.
- @fkjogu documented round-off error in
- @petrochenkov added deprecation lint for duplicated
- @QuietMisdreavus deprecated
#![doc(passes, plugins, no_default_passes)]in rustdoc and replaced most (e)println! statements with structured warnings/errors in rustdoc.
- @F001 added lint for multiple associated types.
- @ollie27 added support for pub(restricted) in rustdoc.
- @adevore added example writing a &str for fs::write.
- @sanxiyn updated the man page with additional –print options.
- @GuillaumeGomez stabilized short error format, made some rustdoc improvements, fixed extern prelude failure in rustdoc and added minification process.
Recent doc contributions
- @ibabushkin refactored auto trait handling in librustdoc to be accessible from librustc.
- @rizakrko added missing implementation hint.
- @clarcharr mentionned
Result<!, E>in never docs.
- @zackmdavis removed crazy suggestion for unreachable braced pub-use.
- @leodasvacas improve error reporting in Copy derive.
- @Screwtapello updated canonicalize docs.
- @glandium restored RawVec::reserve* documentation and cleaned up a
usein a raw_vec test.
- @ExpHP moved “See also” disambiguation links for primitive types to top.
- @frewsxcv clarified in the docs that
mul_addis not always faster.
- @Manishearth added some explanations for #[must_use].
- @Aaronepower updated RELEASES.md for 1.26.0.
- @GuillaumeGomez prevented infinite recursion of modules in rustdoc and fixed rustdoc pathes search.
Next meeting will be on Tuesday 15th of May 2018 at 19:00 UTC on #rust-docs channel on irc.mozilla.org. Feel free to come!