This Week in Rust Docs 103
Hello and welcome to This Week in Rust Docs!
And of course, don’t forget to look at the docs:
This week’s edition was edited by Guillaume Gomez.
We added settings into generated documentation so you can have your own setup. We’ll add more options soon to make rust documentation browsing more personal and comfortable for everyone!
Current opened issues
For now, here are the three big issues for Rust documentation:
- The Standard Library Documentation Checklist
- Add error explanations for all error codes
- Document all features in the Rust reference
They all need help to move forward so any contribution is very welcome!
There are currently around 70 other documentation issues opened. Look for T-doc tagged issues on GitHub!
Waiting for merge
- @QuietMisdreavus moved the “important traits” button to beside the type in rustdoc.
- @sgrif removed the “leak check” in favor of “universes”.
- @ecstatic-morse rewrote docs for
- @da-x included scope names in diagnostics.
- @Phlosioneer clarified the difference between get_mut and into_mut for OccupiedEntry.
- @ibabushkin refactored auto trait handling in librustdoc to be accessible from librustc.
- @Manishearth added edition-gated keywords and used enum for approximate suggestions.
- @z4v1er fixed typo.
- @rizakrko added missing implementation hint.
- @mulkieran made some documentation fixes for the Write trait.
- @kornelski buried Error::description().
- @GuillaumeGomez stabilized short error format, prevented infinite recursion of modules in rustdoc, added query search order check and made some rustdoc improvements.
Recent doc contributions
- @PramodBisht fixed doc comments present after a particular syntax error cause an unhelpful error message to be output.
- @ecstatic-morse added doc links to
- @steveklabnik added “the Rustc book”.
- @andjo403 made rustdoc tests follow the jobserver limit of threads.
- @dmizuk marked
- @ralfbiedert added missing
- @GuillaumeGomez added repeat method on slice, added rustdoc settings menu, fixed search bar bug, fixed search load page failure, added setting to go to item if there is only one result, added more doc aliases and made js improvements.
Next meeting will be on Tuesday 1st of May 2018 at 19:00 UTC on #rust-docs channel on irc.mozilla.org. Feel free to come!