This Week in Rust Docs 100
Hello and welcome to This Week in Rust Docs!
And of course, don’t forget to look at the docs:
This week’s edition was edited by Guillaume Gomez.
🎉 It’s the hundredth post! 🎉
Current opened issues
For now, here are the three big issues for Rust documentation:
- The Standard Library Documentation Checklist
- Add error explanations for all error codes
- Document all features in the Rust reference
They all need help to move forward so any contribution is very welcome!
There are currently around 70 other documentation issues opened. Look for T-doc tagged issues on GitHub!
Waiting for merge
- @QuietMisdreavus moved the “important traits” button to beside the type in rustdoc.
- @klnusbaum provided better borrow checker error message.
- @PramodBisht fixed doc comments present after a particular syntax error cause an unhelpful error message to be output.
- @zackmdavis added suggestion of
!for erroneous identifier
notand pointed to value in “value assigned is never read” lint.
- @SimonSapin soft-deprecated the description() method of the Error trait.
- @Aaronepower updated RELEASES.md for 1.26.0.
- @sgrif removed the “leak check” in favor of “universes”.
- @ollie27 added docs for the test crate with the std docs.
- @ecstatic-morse rewrote docs for
- @gaurikholkar modified compile-fail/E0389 error message.
- @steveklabnik added “the Rustc book”.
- @GuillaumeGomez added error codes for libsyntax_ext, added repeat method on slice, stabilized short error format, added page to list all crate’s items, added warning if a resolution failed and added specific never search.
Recent doc contributions
- @FraGag improved documentation of Clone and Copy implementors.
- @tinaun removed erroneous error message when checking impl trait params.
- @QuietMisdreavus suppressed the default allow(unused) under –display-warnings in rustdoctest and added an –edition flag to compile docs/doctests with a certain edition in rustdoc.
- @frewsxcv clarified network byte order conversions for integer / IP address conversions.
- @Phlosioneer added test for rustdoc ignore test and fixed escaped backslash in windows file not found message.
- @steveklabnik updated mdbook and re-wrote the documentation index.
- @rolfvandekrol fixed typo.
- @mbrubeck added some performance guidance to std::fs and std::io docs.
- @GuillaumeGomez removed unneeded trait implementations titles, added support for variant and types fields for intra links, added missing anchor for union type fields, fixed targetted value background, fixed anchor position on fields, fixed anchors issue when everything is collapsed and fixed url for intra link provided method.
Next meeting will be on Tuesday 10th of April 2018 at 19:00 UTC on #rust-docs channel on irc.mozilla.org. Feel free to come!