This Week in Rust Docs 10
Hello and welcome to This Week in Rust Docs!
And of course, don’t forget to look at the docs:
This week’s edition was edited by: GuillaumeGomez.
The “doc days” event is now over. Thanks to everyone who contributed! Here is a list of the contributions:
Current opened issues
For now, here are the two big issues opened for Rust documentation:
They both need help to move forward so any contribution is very welcome!
There are currently around 50 other documentation issues opened. Look for A-docs tagged issues on github!
Call for participation
There’s now a call for participation to display all methods of a type, even those from implicit traits. This is a great way to help users find everything that a type can do. Any help on it would be very appreciated!
Waiting for merge
- @tatsuya6502 fixed links in Ownership section of the book.
- @ubsan fixed ABI string docs in reference.md.
- @dns2utf8 added example with leading zeros.
- @frewsxcv expanded
std::path::Componentdocumentation and added example for
- @estebank added specific error message for missplaced doc comments.
- @ollie27 fixed inlined renamed reexports in import lists, fixed float examples, fixed search result layout for enum variants and struct fields and removed Remove Derived Implementations title.
- @GuillaumeGomez fixed E0269 explanation and added new error codes and improve some explanations.
Recent doc contributions
- @frewsxcv indicated how the
std::path::Componentsstruct is created, indicated how the
JoinHandlestruct is created, fixed doc parameters formatting, added doc example for
std::thread::Builder::nameand added hyperlinks to
- @liigo updated rustc-ux-guidelines and improved E0425 explanation.
- @cynicaldevil modified E0220 to show error messages for more general cases.
- @ollie27 added more types to the rustdoc sidebar, fixed panic caused by doc(hidden) trait methods and fixed a couple of issues with src links to external crates.
- @GuillaumeGomez added error code flags.
Next meeting will be on Wednesday 29th of June 2016 at 20:00 GMT on #rust-docs channel on irc.mozilla.org. Feel free to come!