This Week in Rust Docs 76
Hello and welcome to This Week in Rust Docs!
And of course, don’t forget to look at the docs:
This week’s edition was edited by Guillaume Gomez.
Current opened issues
For now, here are the three big issues for Rust documentation:
- The Standard Library Documentation Checklist
- Add error explanations for all error codes
- Document all features in the Rust reference
They all need help to move forward so any contribution is very welcome!
There are currently around 70 other documentation issues opened. Look for T-doc tagged issues on GitHub!
Waiting for merge
- @QuietMisdreavus made rustdoc optimizations, abd included external files in documentation in rustdoc (RFC 1990), showed in docs whether the return type of a function impls Iterator/Read/Write, documented trait impls when the type appears in the trait’s generics and let rustdoc print the crate version into docs.
- @steveklabnik deprecated several flags in rustdoc.
- @kennytm improved doc-test: in Markdown tests, Use all of
<h6>as the test name.
- @federicomenaquintero improved docs for CStr, CString, OsStr, OsString.
- @estebank suggested syntax when finding method on array, warned when assigning a block that doesn’t have an implicit return and referred to types using the local identifier.
- @sunjay documented the process for when rustfmt/rls break.
- @shepmaster don’t encourage people to ignore threading errors in the docs.
- @jacwah mentionned Clone and refs in –explain E0382.
- @Nemo157 rendered cfg(feature) requirements in documentation.
- @GuillaumeGomez added short error message-format and added tabs for search for better information access.
Recent doc contributions
- @Aaronepower updated RELEASES.md for 1.21.0.
- @budziq corrected the CONTRIBUTING.md “External Dependencies” section.
- @vi rendered
[src]links for trait implementors in rustdoc.
- @Havvy improved docs for size_of::<#[repr(C)]> items.
- @leavehouse fixed TcpStream::local_addr docs example code.
- @Pirh updated docs for process::abort.
- @hunteke fixed typo.
- @steveklabnik updated books for next release and updated mdbook.
- @brennie updated trait summaries for std::fmt.
- @vitiral added links to headers in README and CONTRIBUTING.
- @QuietMisdreavus added the issue number to doc_masked’s feature gate and let htmldocck.py check for directories.
- @MaikKlein fixed typo in
- @laumann fixed typo: geneartor -> generator.
- @dbrgn added trace_macros! to unstable book.
- @GuillaumeGomez added missing fnty args rustdoc, added missing links for AtomicBool and added missing urls for Mutex.
Next meeting will be on Wednesday 11th of October 2017 at 20:00 GMT on #rust-docs channel on irc.mozilla.org. Feel free to come!