This Week in Rust Docs 67
Hello and welcome to This Week in Rust Docs!
And of course, don’t forget to look at the docs:
This week’s edition was edited by Guillaume Gomez.
The rewrite of rustdoc is still under heavy development. Don’t hesitate to give it a try!
Current opened issues
For now, here are the three big issues for Rust documentation:
- The Standard Library Documentation Checklist
- Add error explanations for all error codes
- Document all features in the Rust reference
They all need help to move forward so any contribution is very welcome!
There are currently around 70 other documentation issues opened. Look for T-doc tagged issues on GitHub!
Waiting for merge
- @RalfJung clarified wording for E0122.
- @kennytm exposed all OS-specific modules in libstd doc.
- @oli-obk added lint casting signed integers smaller than
isizeto raw pointers.
- @estebank pointed at return type always when type mismatch against it.
- @Aaronepower updated release notes for 1.20.
- @ruuda detected relative urls in tidy check and pointed “deref coercions” links to new book.
- @GuillaumeGomez added warnings when rustdoc html rendering differs, removed warn on unused field on union, fixed rustdoc error on ‘\0’ and added union and const colors.
Recent doc contributions
- @xliiv added simple docs example for struct Cell.
- @QuietMisdreavus printed associated types in traits “implementors” section in rustdoc, added documentation for function pointers as a primitive, added [src] links to associated functions inside an impl block in rustdoc, shrank headings in non-top-level docblocks in rustdoc and added docs for references as a primitive.
- @edaniels fixed typo in coerce_forced_unit docstring.
- @frewsxcv improved string slice doc, fixed and improved thread docs and improved docs & doc examples for HashSet.
- @oli-obk uplifted some comments to Doc comments.
- @zackmdavis improved field does not exist error: note fields if Levenshtein suggestion fails and added a couple more error explanations for posterity.
- @SimonSapin updated nomicon.
- @tshepang made into_iter doc example more concise.
- @tbu- documented the
- @GuillaumeGomez throw errors when doc comments are added where they’re unused.
Next meeting will be on Wednesday 9th of August 2017 at 20:00 GMT on #rust-docs channel on irc.mozilla.org. Feel free to come!