This Week in Rust Docs 66
Hello and welcome to This Week in Rust Docs!
And of course, don’t forget to look at the docs:
This week’s edition was edited by Guillaume Gomez.
Current opened issues
For now, here are the three big issues for Rust documentation:
- The Standard Library Documentation Checklist
- Add error explanations for all error codes
- Document all features in the Rust reference
They all need help to move forward so any contribution is very welcome!
There are currently around 70 other documentation issues opened. Look for T-doc tagged issues on GitHub!
Waiting for merge
- @RalfJung clarified wording for E0122.
- @xliiv added simple docs example for struct Cell.
- @kennytm exposed all OS-specific modules in libstd doc.
- @QuietMisdreavus printed associated types in traits “implementors” section in rustdoc and added documentation for function pointers as a primitive.
- @Mark-Simulacrum made rustdoc build only at the topmost stage.
- @GuillaumeGomez added warnings when rustdoc html rendering differs and removed warn on unused field on union.
Recent doc contributions
- @oli-obk adjusted new suggestions to the suggestion guidelines.
- @waywardmonkeys fixed some doc comment typos.
- @mandeep added generic example of std::ops::Sub in doc comments.
- @stjepang clarified that sort_unstable is deterministic.
- @tshepang made into_iter example more concise.
- @cuviper corrected the spelling of “homogeneous”.
- @s3rvac added a missing verb to the description of std::process::ExitStatus::success().
- @QuietMisdreavus added [src] links to associated functions inside an impl block in rustdoc and added a note to Vec’s Extend<&T> impl about its slice specialization.
- @gaurikholkar changed E0623 error message - both anonymous lifetime regions and improved case with both anonymous lifetime parameters #43269.
- @pczarn made the macro parser theory description more accurate.
- @petrochenkov made better diagnostics and recovery for
mut refin patterns.
- @joshlf fixed grammar in std::thread::spawn documentation.
- @ivanbakel extended error message for mut borrow conflicts in loops.
- @zackmdavis made major section headers self-links in rustdoc, added unions to whitelist of sidebar types in rustdoc and fixed layout of Fields section in documentation for unions.
- @leshow fixed docs: BufReader/File doesn’t need to be mut.
- @ranweiler documented usage of
- @GuillaumeGomez added lint for when doc comments are added where they’re unused.
Next meeting will be on Wednesday 2nd of August 2017 at 20:00 GMT on #rust-docs channel on irc.mozilla.org. Feel free to come!