This Week in Rust Docs 101
Hello and welcome to This Week in Rust Docs!
And of course, don’t forget to look at the docs:
This week’s edition was edited by Guillaume Gomez.
A(n) (super ultra giga incredibly) old issue has now a fix PR: https://github.com/rust-lang/rust/issues/18167
Current opened issues
For now, here are the three big issues for Rust documentation:
- The Standard Library Documentation Checklist
- Add error explanations for all error codes
- Document all features in the Rust reference
They all need help to move forward so any contribution is very welcome!
There are currently around 70 other documentation issues opened. Look for T-doc tagged issues on GitHub!
Waiting for merge
- @QuietMisdreavus moved the “important traits” button to beside the type in rustdoc and ported the -C option from rustc into rustdoc.
- @klnusbaum provided better borrow checker error message.
- @PramodBisht fixed doc comments present after a particular syntax error cause an unhelpful error message to be output.
- @zackmdavis pointed to value in “value assigned is never read” lint.
- @SimonSapin soft-deprecated the description() method of the Error trait.
- @Aaronepower updated RELEASES.md for 1.26.0.
- @sgrif removed the “leak check” in favor of “universes”.
- @ecstatic-morse rewrote docs for
std::ptrand added doc links to
- @steveklabnik added “the Rustc book”.
- @da-x included scope names in diagnostics.
- @csmoe fixed incorrect span in
- @Phlosioneer clarified the difference between get_mut and into_mut for OccupiedEntry.
- @GuillaumeGomez added repeat method on slice, stabilized short error format, added warning if a resolution failed, added specific never search, added multiple query search, added rustdoc settings menu and fix example indent.
Recent doc contributions
- @zackmdavis added suggestion of
!for erroneous identifier
- @ollie27 added docs for the test crate with the std docs.
- @gaurikholkar modified compile-fail/E0389 error message.
- @llogiq improved Atomic::fetch_update docs and added note for the special type inference handling for shift ops.
- @memoryleak47 fixed typo.
- @GuillaumeGomez added error codes for libsyntax_ext and added page to list all crate’s items.
Next meeting will be on Tuesday 17th of April 2018 at 19:00 UTC on #rust-docs channel on irc.mozilla.org. Feel free to come!